Really??? Jake? Really?

scOtt

<iframe src='http://m.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=583616083&topic_id=6479266&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had somebody tell me last week that the Orioles made the worst trade in the past decade sending Arrieta to the Cubs. I said, well if he had done anything in Baltimore he'd still be an Oriole. The Orioles didnt do anything wrong. Jake never got it done here. Im tired of hearing about him. Between him and Dexter Fowler I hope the Cubs dont even make the playoffs!

I had somebody tell me last week that the Orioles made the worst trade in the past decade sending Arrieta to the Cubs. I said, well if he had done anything in Baltimore he'd still be an Oriole. The Orioles didnt do anything wrong. Jake never got it done here. Im tired of hearing about him. Between him and Dexter Fowler I hope the Cubs dont even make the playoffs!

Hesitant to start this up again, but some fans think this clearly was a failure on the O's part, that our coaching staff didn't do their jobs in tapping Jake's true potential. Some comments Arrieta made last year about how he was handled here threw some gas on that particular fire, IIRC.

Water under the bridge, can't do anything about it now.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In his last 22 regular season starts, Jake Arrieta has hit more homers (3) than he has allowed (2).</p>— Tim Kurkjian (@Kurkjian_ESPN) <a href="

">April 10, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In his last 22 regular season starts, Jake Arrieta has hit more homers (3) than he has allowed (2).</p>— Tim Kurkjian (@Kurkjian_ESPN) <a href="
">April 10, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Funny thing is he gave up two bombs right after this tweet came out.

Archived